The Google Transit trip planning tool is now being provided
by BC Transit. To ensure we continue to improve the usefulness
and accessibility of transit information, we welcome your
feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of service changes and disruptions, BC Transit
information may be more current than Google Transit. For schedules,
maps and customer alerts, or if Google Transit cant
locate the address you enter, use the
BC Transit website.
Go to Google
Maps now! Or, keep reading for tips, directions and answers
Instructions for Internet Explorer | Instructions for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
Transit Trip Planner on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Google
- Click 'Directions' in the top left corner. Note: If
Directions is not showing, you may need to hover over
the top left search bar.
the transit (bus) icon
- Enter your starting point
- Enter your destination
- Google Maps will plan the soonest available trip for
- Click "Preview steps" for a detailed break-down
of your trip
- For more detailed options (such as setting a preferred
arrival or departure time), click "More options and
times" at the bottom of the box.
- The trip you choose will show up on the map to the
- In Google maps, you can double click anywhere on
the map to zoom in, or you can use the zoom toolbar on the
left side of the map
- Hold your left mouse button on the map to drag it
in any direction
- NS = near side (the stop will be just
before that street)
- FS = far side (the stop will be just
after that street)
- Northbound (etc.) tells you the direction
the bus is facing at the stop
short video clip of how to use Google Transit and how
to provide user feedback.