Transit Future in Agassiz-Harrison
Latest Updates –November 2016: Future Service to Hope
BC Transit, the Fraser Valley Regional District and the District of Hope are planning to introduce transit service to Hope in fall 2017. We are interested in understanding your transit needs to help us plan the schedules and routing for this exciting new service. We will be engaging the public in late 2016 to get your input – see below for ways to get involved.
How do I get involved?
We are interested in understanding your transit needs to help us plan for this exciting new service and there are several ways to get involved:
- Survey - help us by taking the online Service to Hope Survey, available until Friday December 2, 2016. The survey will also be available onboard the Route 11: Agassiz-Harrison bus.
- Open Houses – BC Transit, FVRD and District of Hope staff will be available to provide more information about this new service and to get your feedback at three open house events. Watch for us onboard our transit bus on key dates outside the following locations:
|Thursday, Nov 24||5pm to 7pm||District of Hope, District Hall, 325 Wallace Street|
|Friday, Nov 25||8:30am to 10:30am||Hope & District Recreation Centre, 1005, 6 Avenue|
|Friday, Nov 25||noon to 3pm||Save On Foods, 559 Old Hope-Princeton Hwy|
- Email – if you would prefer to provide comments and ask questions via email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Transit Future?
Transit Future is all about you, your transit system and your community. Developed with your input, these plans outline what your transit system will look like in the future. Depending on the community and its specific needs, a plan can take a variety of different forms.
Learn more about the different types of Transit Future Plans here. By being part of the development of a Transit Future Plan, you are helping to improve transit for yourself and for your entire community. So get involved, share your input, and be a part of shaping your transit system now and for the generation to come.
Why do we need Transit Future?
Transit Future guides transit investment that is supportive of livable communities, through:
- Offering more transportation choice
- Supporting smart land use plans that focus on walking, cycling and transit
- Meeting climate change goals
- Making it easy to access everyday services on foot, by bike and by transit
Help us Plan Your Future
Population and traffic growth means we need to shift our focus from moving cars to moving people. To minimize the high economic, environmental and social costs of traffic congestion and road expansion, we must move people more efficiently. Transportation should take us where we want to go, when we want to go there. To create an efficient system, we need your input.