For information on fares and fare product vendor information, click here.
To fill out an application form, click here .
Booking a Taxi Saver Trip
To book a taxi saver trip, call your local area taxi company directly.
How to Purchase Taxi Saver Coupons
You need a handyPASS to buy and use Taxi Saver coupons. Eligible individuals can purchase an $80 package of Taxi Saver coupons at a cost of $40. This package can be purchased once every month. The coupons come in denominations of $1, $2 and $5.
Send your order with your handyPASS number, a return address and a cheque in the amount of $40 (for one sheet) made payable to “Comox Valley Regional District”
Comox Valley Regional District
600 Comox Road
Courtenay, B.C. V9N 3P6
Purchase in person at: CVRD office, 600 Comox Rd, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Payment can be made by cheque, debit or credit card (visa or mastercard).
How to Use the Vouchers
1. When you reach your destination, present your handyPASS to the driver
2. Use your Taxi Saver vouchers to pay the dollar amount of the taxi meter fare
3. Use cash to pay anything that is not a whole dollar amount (for example, if the taxi fare is $5.80, you would pay $5.00 using vouchers and 80¢ in change)
1. Taxi drivers cannot make change for Taxi Saver vouchers.
2. You may not use vouchers as tips
3. Taxi Saver vouchers are not transferable to other individuals or transit systems
Taxi Service Compliments and Complaints
If you have a compliment or complaint about the service you received when using Taxi Saver vouchers, please contact the manager of the taxi company that served you. Please have the name of the taxi company, the day and time of the trip, and the trip destination.