BC Transit COVID-19 Information
At BC Transit, safety is our top priority and we are continuing to follow the guidance of the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC in relation to COVID-19.
COVID-19 measures currently implemented:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization on buses and at BC Transit facilities:
- Daily cleaning of high touch areas on all buses
- Daily cleaning of handyDART buses
- A red line at front of bus indicates passengers to stand behind
- Additional personal protective equipment for handyDART transit operators
- Encouraging passengers to enter only at the front and exit at the rear door to get more one way flow, with the exception of mobility aids
- Protective barriers for operators in the form of vinyl panels or full driver doors
While face coverings are not mandatory on board buses, the organization supports riders who choose to continue wearing a face covering on board.
BC Transit will continue to take the appropriate steps necessary to maintain the safety of our customers and employees. The organization also encourages people to stay home if they are sick.