BC Transit Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 measures implemented:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization on buses and at BC Transit facilities:
- Daily cleaning of high touch areas on all buses
- Weekly sanitization of buses
- Daily sanitization of handyDART buses
- A red line on floor at front of bus indicates passengers to stand behind
- Additional personal protective equipment for handyDART transit operators
- Communication to staff and customers to encourage behaviours that contribute to the safety of themselves, our operators and fellow passengers (both on board the bus and through channels that include website and social media).
- Capacity management:
- BC Transit will continue to reduce capacity on buses in an effort to create a comfortable transit experience
- As a result, customers may experience pass ups
- We encourage riders in communities with NextRide to check for capacity conditions in advance of boarding
- The use of face coverings is recommended on buses and throughout your transit journey
- Entering only at the front and exiting only at the rear door to get more one way flow, with the exception of mobility aids (effective June 1, 2020)
- Protective barriers for operators in the form of vinyl panels or full driver doors
Face Covering Policy
In alignment with Step 3 of the BC safe restart plan, it is recommended that customers are wearing a face covering when on board a BC Transit vehicle and at bus stops.
Transit Operators working alone behind a full driver door or vinyl panel may wear a face covering out of person choice. Staff on board BC Transit vehicles and not behind a full driver door or vinyl panel will continue to wear a face covering unless they meet the exemption criteria.
It is important to remember there are reasons a person may not be able to wear a face covering.