Local Area Transit Plans
South Nanaimo Local Area Transit Plan
The Regional District of Nanaimo and BC Transit are developing a Local Area Transit Plan for the South Nanaimo area.
The Plan will define interim improvements for transit service and infrastructure over the next 7 years.
Based on what we heard during the engagement as part of the Transit Future Plan, these are the priorities for the South Nanaimo area:
- Realign routes to provide more direct service between key destinations and neighborhood centres
- Provide more frequent service and longer service hours on the Local Transit Network
- Provide better service information e.g. real time, online schedules and information
- Provide better bus stop amenities e.g. benches, shelters, and bike racks
- Introduce Transit Priority measures such as transit signal priority or queue jumper lanes
to review the conceptual transit future map.
Where Are We And Where Are We Going?
Visit our project update page for more information.