Eliminate the empty seats in your vehicle! Share a ride to work, or wherever your daily routine takes you.
To employers and participants:
- Reduced parking requirements at work sites
- Mobility for people who do not have access to an automobile
- Cost savings for commuters
- Opportunity to seek employment at work sites that might otherwise be inaccessible
- Expanded and stabilized labour markets for employers, by providing reliable access from outlying areas
- Social opportunities for commuters
- Reduced wear and tear on personal vehicles
- Reduced stress associated with commuting
For local and provincial governments, and transportation agencies such as BC Transit:
- An alternative to transit service in areas too remote or with too low a density to support conventional transit service
- Support for and integration with travel demand management programs and trip reduction program
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Reduced air and noise pollution
Car sharing is a revolution in urban transportation – access to a car when you need it, without the cost, hassle and pollution of ownership. Car sharing is affordable, convenient and environmentally sustainable.
By joining a Car-sharing network, you’ll have access to a fleet of vehicles parked in your neighbourhood – and across the city, when you need one. You’ll save money, and play an important role in reducing the environmental impact of vehicles.
For more information and latest new about car-sharing, visit Car Sharing Canada.
Ready to give it a try? Choose from one of the organizations below: